Before your treatment
Come to your consultation prepared. Be honest with yourself about your expectations and have your questions ready. Your healthcare professional will talk to you about your needs and how Restylane can help, and review your medical history. When you leave your consultation, you should feel well informed about Restylane, and you should know what results to expect.
Treatment with a product from the Restylane family typically takes less than one hour (individual treatment times may vary). Generally, there is little to no downtime associated with the Restylane family of products.
● Talk to your doctor about options to make you as comfortable as possible during the procedure, including Restylane-L, Perlane-L, and pain medication
● Your doctor will cleanse and prepare the area(s) to be treated
● The clear gel in the Restylane family of products is injected into the treatment area(s) using an ultra-fine needle to create teh desired aesthetic effect
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or under 18 years, you should not use products in the Restylane family.
● Avoid using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St. John's wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site
● Talk with your doctor if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. He or she may prescribe a medication to minimize recurrence
Your Restylane treatment plan:
Receive your initial Restylane treatment. Your initial treatment with Restylane injectable gel will instantly add volume and may help to smooth away facial lines and restore skin contours.
Refresh your look with a follow-up treatment, as determined by your healthcare professional, which can help refresh the immediate results of your initial treatment.
Maintain your look with additional follow-up treatment(s), which can help maintain long-lasting results.
Your healthcare professional will recommend the right treatment plan for you based on your needs.
Your healthcare professional will inject Restylane or Restylane Skinboosters. After injection, he/she may gently massage the treated area.
Restylane restores volume to smooth wrinkles and soften facial lines. Restylane can also be used to enhance facial features such as your lips, cheeks, and jawline by adding volume for fullness and definition.
Restylane Skinboosters improves skin smoothness, elasticity and appearance to refresh your look. It can be used in your face (lower cheek/jawline), upper neck and back of the hands.
Only healthcare professionals trained in Restylane injections are qualified to administer it. Find a clinic
- Detailed information about what to expect with Restylane treatment, including possible unwanted effects and precautions.
- Discussion around treatment expectations and costs and if any follow-up treatments may be needed.
- All of your questions answered.
A treatment with Restylane doesn’t usually take long. A touch-up treatment is sometimes performed after the initial treatment to optimize your results.
Talk to your healthcare professional to learn more about the treatment procedure.
Some people may experience the treatment as a mild discomfort. Many Restylane products contain an integrated local anaesthetic, lidocaine, to provide you with a more comfortable treatment experience. You and your healthcare professional may decide whether additional pain relief is needed.
There are some people in whom Restylane and Restylane Skinboosters should not be used. At your initial consultation, it’s important to tell your healthcare professional about all of your current and prior medical conditions and allergies and, how serious they are, all medications you are taking and whether you have had or are planning to have another aesthetic procedure (e.g., laser, chemical peel).